In 2019, our company (OSA TERMOSISTEM L.L.C) received funding support from the European Union Office in Kosovo, through the IPA Agriculture and Rural Development Support Grant Scheme 2015 (EuropeAid/160876/DD/ACT/XK), for the project name: Manufacturing Environmentally Friendly Agriculture Equipment (Efficient Use of Natural Resources and Reduction of Carbon Footprint), contract #: 2019-413-812.
Objectives of the action
|Overall objective(s): Manufacturing agriculture equipment for dairy, meat, fruit, vegetables and aromatic / medicinal herbs that use solar energy and are 4 times more energy efficient (recovering / reusing the hot air).
- Improved environment protection and efficient use of natural resources while developing the Kosovo agriculture.
- Promotion of innovative techniques and technologies (2 NEW energy efficient agriculture products launched, as identified by the German GIZ report “Energy efficiency analysis in agriculture sector”).
- Mitigation of adverse impacts that the climate change can potentially have on the Kosovo agriculture environment.
- To diversify the economic and rural activities of the municipality of Rahovec.
- To reduce the carbon footprint that agriculture activities bring to the environment and to generate female jobs in an otherwise extremely rural area.
Almost any and every agri-rural operator (dairy, meat, fruits, vegetables, aromatic and medicinal plants, as well as households), Catering industry (HoReCa) - Hotels, Restaurants and Café Bars, Local community (8 new jobs to be generated) and Employees and owners of the applicant (OSA Termosistem).
Professionals / Engineers / Machinists / Metal CNC Designers looking for a long term career in metal processing design and manufacturing, Kosovo Government (through import substitution, hence causing a positive balance of trade).
-Product 1: NEW and innovative technique for manufacturing the oven (dryer) that recuperates the heat (i.e. the hot air that is heated once is circulated into the oven, while the moisture of the product is thrown away through condensation. In initial trials, in a 32 SQM drying oven, only 20-22 kW of energy is used, as opposed to 100 Kw of the conventional drying oven).
-Product 2: NEW and innovative product - solar heat panels to directly heat the water in boilers, which is mostly used by dairy farmers and processors, but can also be used by households.
This method directly heats the water, without the need to first convert the sun energy into electricity. The sun heat absorbent glass is imported, while the metal frame and the heat exchanger is manufactured by the applicant (OSA Termosistem).
Purchase CNC metal cutting machinery, slight building renovation, purchase metal framing EQP, EU funding visibility.